Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Visit Henry County, GA, Director of Tourism
Pay Status: Full-time, Exempt
Visit Henry County, GA, is Henry County’s Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB), the tourism promotion branch of the Henry County Chamber of Commerce (Chamber). The mission of Visit Henry is to “Inspire tourism by engaging partners and the community in order to build a sense of hospitality for Henry County visitors and stimulate economic development.”
The purpose of this position is to promote and market Henry County, Georgia, as a tourism destination and assist in executing Visit Henry County, GA’s marketing plan. In conjunction with the Director of Tourism and rest of the Visit Henry team, this position will serve as the coordinator on marketing and tourism programs, projects, and marketing efforts as well as facilitating active partnerships with hotels, restaurants, attractions, cities and other destination partners.
• Work closely with the Director of Tourism to develop strategies and programs to promote tourism and destination development
• Assist with the general daily tourism operations of Visit Henry; coordinate plans and marketing activities to enhance Henry’s image as a destination for meetings, weddings, business and leisure travel, tournaments, tours, filming and events
• Assist with the production and writing of collateral promoting Henry County
• Manage and enhance the social media presence for the CVB
• Mange and understand paid social media campaigns, staying on top of the latest trends and changes
• Maintain the CVB’s two websites, VisitHenryCountyGeorgia.com and HenryCountyWeddings.com, to ensure all listings are accurate, complete and up-to-date (Requires working with WordPress content management software)
• Maintain all relevant online listings on partner and advertising placements such as on ExploreGeorgia.org, Atlanta Style Weddings and other online listings.
• Work collaboratively with the Visit Henry County, GA team to accomplish strategic initiatives
• Manage and maintain the voice for all aspects of the CVB’s online presence, including writing, editing and proofreading website content in accordance with brand standards
• Oversee content development is aligned with marketing strategies, understanding the audiences and oversee effective content development and distribution across all relevant channels.
• Assist in the development and implementation of CVB site promotions, email newsletters and outreach campaigns
• Oversee the CVB’s digital marketing agency and search engine optimization agency(ies) of record on content partnerships, strategies and tactics, manages editorial, engagement and visitor/follower retention strategies, directing creation of and monitoring content
• Work with the Director of Tourism to create and then supervise, edit and post the agency editorial calendar and blog content development
• Act as main point of contact, but reporting to the Director of Tourism, with advertising agencies to implement advertising tactics with a variety of channels, including but not limited to, streaming video, CTV, YouTube, PPC, Search Display, Display, Retargeting, social media and more.
• Communicate with creative/website agency to resolve any issues and to facilitate changes to the CVB website
• Review analytical reports monthly to maximize functionality of sites
• Recommend online strategies for boosting web traffic and SEO and developing new, engaging content designed to meet goals.
• Participate in marketing and advertising strategy sessions with agencies and vendors to determine the success of campaigns and discuss alternative opportunities
• Develop, write and edit blogs, as well as coordinating topics and deadlines with contracted bloggers and social influencers
• Website duties include developing and implementing new content per strategic direction, including copy, photos, videos, seasonal highlights and roundup pages, and special ad landing pages. Additionally develops content for meetings and special event registration and other content as assigned.
• Keep current with emerging technologies through relevant blogs, listservs and events
• Work with the Director of Tourism, partners and vendors to develop, write, edit and deploy a bi-monthly e-newsletter campaign
• Develop and execute a marketing strategy and content calendar for social media
• Monitor online presence to track the success of campaigns
• Coordinate with the Director of Tourism to ensure that all marketing messages for the CVB are appropriate and correctly integrate with other campaigns
• Evaluate data and create reports on key metrics to monitor campaign efficiency and analyze trends
• Develop strategies to increase followership and engagement
• Assist with offsite marketing and promotional events
• All other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or a related field
• Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
• Excellent writing and editing skills, including strong proof-reading abilities
• Demonstrated competence in generating creative, engaging content and designing promotions and other short-term marketing vehicles for specific social platforms
• Demonstrated knowledge of and understanding of social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.), their respective demographics and how to employ each platform for maximum effectiveness
• Experience with web and social media analytics platforms, as well as social media management systems (e.g., Google Analytics, SproutSocial, CrowdRiff)
• Strong Internet research skills
• Knowledge of social media legal guidelines
• Working knowledge of Google Analytics for reporting, annotations and research purposes
• The ability to undertake multiple projects simultaneously and deliver consistent positive results
• Diplomatic with the ability to relate to diverse groups and individuals
• Have strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively within a small team setting
• Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds
• Must have a driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in marketing communications with an emphasis on developing and managing web and/or social media content and digital marketing strategies
• Graphic design experience with knowledge of Adobe Design Suite a strong plus
• Still photography and video shooting/editing abilities a strong plus
• Experience in tourism, hospitality or Chamber of Commerce activities
• Experience with maintenance of websites using a content management system
• Experience and understanding of basic SEO strategies
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Creative Suite products or similar desktop publishing software
• Knowledge of Henry County’s tourism attractions a plus
• Experience with photography and creating video content
• Knowledge of digital marketing best practices and the interplay between textual and visual elements
Benefits & Compensation
Members of the management team are expected to devote a significant amount of time and energy to the successful fulfillment of their responsibilities. The Marketing Coordinator must be prepared to work occasional evening and weekend hours, in addition to fulfilling the obligations of a routine workday. Hours are not to exceed 80 hours during any two-week pay period. Occasional travel for work both within and beyond the region may also be required.
Position contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Visit Henry offers a benefits package that includes vacation, holidays, health insurance, and a Simple IRA retirement plan (matched up to 3%), as well as support for professional development to qualified employees.
Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000
Salary is commensurate with experience, educational background and demonstrated abilities of the candidate.
To apply, please send current resume, cover letter, and five links to social media posts/pages, online content and/or other writing samples to Laura Luker via email at email@example.com with the subject of “MARKETING COORDINATOR POSITION.” Documents should be sent as attachments using Microsoft Word or PDF format and should not exceed five (5) megabytes. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.