Investment in the Henry County Chamber of Commerce is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. 98% of dues are deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense.
Water Service Technician II
Works on water line repair and installation projects by transferring from one task to another where demands require worker with varied experience and ability to work without close supervision. Assembles, installs and repairs pipes, fittings and fixtures of water distribution system by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Repairs and replaces burst pipes.
- Locates valves to cut off flow of water so repair can be made.
- Cuts required pipe to make repair.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of metals, such as iron, steel, brass, and nonmetals such as plastic.
- Joins pipes by use of bolts, fittings and plastic solvent.
- Fills pipe system with water and reads pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Flushes fire hydrants to clear system of dirt and debris that entered system while making repair.
- Install new or replace existing water meters.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Georgia Driver's License.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Applications for this position will not be accepted after
5:00 p.m. Tuesday, August 16, 2022.
Henry County Water Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.