Maintenance Mechanic - WSOM
Under supervision and direction, performs a wide variety of skilled entry level duties in the maintenance, repair, modification, and installation of process and non-process equipment at Wastewater Treatment facilities and Collection System Pump Stations, Water Production facilities, Tank sites & remote Pump Stations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance to ensure that equipment continues to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical conditions of equipment, buildings, and structures does not deteriorate.
- Assists in repairing, maintaining, overhauling, and troubleshooting relevant mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical equipment components of process and non-process in Water Production facilities and distribution system pump stations & tank sites.
- Inspects motors, pumps, blowers, drives, and belts, checks and maintains fluid levels, cleans/replaces filter elements, and performs other maintenance actions following checklists.
- Uses tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, saws, hoists, drills, weed eater, push & riding mowers, blowers, hedge trimmer, and pressure washer, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assembles, installs and/or repairs pipe systems and plumbing, machinery and equipment.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of equipment and machinery.
- Maintains preventive and corrective maintenance records of equipment, buildings and structures, and special projects.
- Knowledge of confined space entry procedures and basic first aid.
- Uses O & M and technical manuals to help diagnose problems and/or look up repair parts.
- Uses safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the trade.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Georgia Driver's License. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and an explosive atmosphere. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Applications for this position will not be accepted after
5:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 29, 2023.
Henry County Water Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.