Investment in the Henry County Chamber of Commerce is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. 98% of dues are deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense.
Equipment Operator II
The Equipment Operator II works on construction projects, usually working in utility capacity, performing skilled work in operating heavy automotive, construction, or related equipment. Work involves responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of equipment requiring physical strength and manipulative skill. Work is normally performed on one specified type of equipment, although operator is expected to operate other machinery or to perform various unskilled and semi-skilled duties. General supervision is received and work is reviewed while in progress and upon completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Operates backhoe, bulldozer, mini excavator, rubber tire front loader, and/ or related equipment to move earth, performing related work as required.
- Operates trenching machine, tractor, dump truck, etc.
- Conducts maintenance inspections on vehicles, equipment and facilities. Performs daily routine maintenance as needed.
- Repairs manholes, raising & lowering manholes and the rehab of manholes using root control, spray epoxy coating, grout and/or hydraulic cement.
- Repairs water and sewer lines by digging up, replacing and installing new pipe. Also includes cutting and/or removal of concrete or asphalt.
- Performs landscaping duties to include cutting grass with tractor and/or bush hog, weed eating, prepping yard for new sod by raking and shoveling, spread seed, hay and/or straw, laying new sod, installation and/or removal of silt fence.
- Clears sewer easements to include operating tractor and/or bush hog, pole saw, limb beaver, chain saw, operating ATV and/or UTV, beaver trapping and removing beaver dams.
- Performs Air Release Valves (ARV) maintenance by scheduled inspections requiring disassembly and reassembling, cleaning, installation of ARV & removal of ARV.
- Performs maintenance on Flow meters and Smart Covers including installation & removal, cleaning and able to read software.
- Performs jetting (high velocity jet truck) duties, including the operation of the truck, jetting sewer lines, cleaning roads and watering sod.
- Performs smoke testing which involves operating a smoke machine and visually locating leaks in sewer lines, manholes and clean-out(s). Repairs any problems found.
- Maintains Oda-Logger & read software that measure H2S.
- Operates CCTV truck and UTV camera. Also performs cleaning & maintenance on camera, operates software Granite.net by documenting video inspections.
- Installs and maintains roads and crossings on Right of Way (ROW) and lift stations.
- Locates manholes using a Pin Finder, Rigid locator, GIS WEBMAP and/or Granite.net.
- The Equipment Operator II is also responsible for the all aspects of reporting and cleanup of a Sanitary Sewer Overflow (SSO). This includes stopping overflow, removal of any sewer that is on the ground, sanitizing area with lime.
- Assists other HCWA departments by cleaning sludge ponds, pumping out and cleaning of wet wells, clearing of water distribution easements.
- Observes and abides by all established safety rules and regulations. Ensures use of gas detectors, tripod & harness retrieval system, and all PPE.
- Transports equipment, tools, and materials to and from job sites.
- Completes all forms of work orders including customer complaint calls, Granite.net work orders, confined space entry forms, and D.O.T. inspections.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Georgia Driver's License, Class A CDL, Wastewater Collection Systems Operator License, Competent Person Certification, Flagging Certification, and Confined Space Certification.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is regularly required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electric shock, and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Applications for this position will not be accepted after
5:00 p.m. Tuesday, August 16, 2022Henry County Water Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.