Job Title: Expert Explorer
Reports to: Director of Tourism, Visit Henry County, GA
Background: Visit Henry County, GA launched a mobile visitors center in 2023. This mobile visitors center is a Ram ProMaster cargo van with the interior built out with lighting, shelving, cabinetry, a touch screen kiosk and green screen. The mobile visitors center is used as the welcome wagon for welcoming guests to Henry County to ensure they have the best information about the area to encourage more exploration and longer stays.
Visit Henry County, GA (VHCG) is the official destination marketing organization responsible for the promotion of tourism throughout the areas of Stockbridge, Locust Grove, Hampton, and unincorporated Henry County. VHCG is offering a fantastic opportunity for a part-time Expert Explorer to join our team and be active, creative, and engaged with our visitors throughout Henry County. These individuals will be responsible for providing information services relevant to our hospitality-related business organizations and partners throughout Henry County. This includes, but is not limited to, hotels, restaurants, local retailers, special event facilities, art related businesses, events and public parks.
Each week, an Expert Explorer will be responsible for setting up and working the Visit Henry County, GA mobile visitor center at a business, event or on the grounds of an attraction and provide tourism information to the patrons of that particular establishment or location. These weekly activations could include special events, sport tournaments, large-scale sporting events, hotel promotions, or other locations that draw a substantial amount of visitor foot traffic. The Expert Explorer will work directly with the Visit Henry County, GA Partner Relations Manager to strategically schedule activation locations for the year. The position is ideal for candidates seeking a part-time position with flexibly scheduled hours. The ideal candidate will be comfortable driving a large cargo van on both local roads and interstates, setting up the van to attract visitors, having conversation with many visitors throughout the day, and staying up to date on all tourism-related happenings throughout the county. The position will not exceed 20 hours per week. Weekend and evening availability is required, but mutually agreed upon hours and scheduling would be established in-advance with Visit Henry County, GA staff.
Responsibilities, Duties and Physical Requirements:
• Willingness to learn Henry County’s history, growing/changing attractions, and tourism industry
• Maintain a positive, friendly, outgoing, and professional attitude toward visitors at all times
• Track daily interaction numbers, giveaways and specific request types (i.e. restaurants, shopping, etc.)
• Coordinate schedules and shifts with other Expert Explorers to ensure all event dates are covered
• Utilize technology and the internet to seek information and answers not immediately known
• Update manager on any growing visitor concerns or trends throughout the community
• Possess strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
• Work independently, including setup and breakdown of information tent and/or van
• Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to manage volunteers with a diversity of personalities and experiences
• Job will require employee to work outdoors throughout all seasons of the year
• Must possess a state of Georgia driver’s license, with a driving record in good standing (95% of travel will be in-county with occasional out-of-county trips required)
• All of other duties as assigned
Compensation: $20.00 per hour up to 20 hours per week, not to exceed 40 hours per pay period
Position Start Date: On or before June 30
Valid Driver’s License & Background Check Required
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Laura Luker at email@example.com.