The Customer Development Specialist is a sales position, which facilitates growth through the effective management of a portfolio of accounts through:
- Daily sales activities including calling customers to proactively solicit information and opportunities
- Responding to inbound requests in a timely and personal manner, providing profitable and competitive rate quotes and identifying quality capacity to move shipments
- Aggressively marketing our company assets (trucks) to accounts within the CDS's portfolio
- Effectively negotiating on a transactional basis to win shipment
- Identifying dedicated or consistent lane activity for long-term/project commitments
- Maximizing profitability while ensuring quality service performance
Additionally, the CDS will:
- Determine accurate reasons for loads which are turned-down or cancelled, providing detailed reasons for improved conversion in the future
- Work effectively within the Business Development Team using all available resources internally (including other team members and all assets/partners) to ensure customer satisfaction and the attainment of individual and company goals/revenue objectives
- Communicate capacity needs, customer expectations, service issues (with proposed solution) to appropriate department/team member
- Meet all minimum production expectations including quota attainment for shipments booked and growth of portfolio; exceed company KPIs for conversion rate, GM %, productivity standards, attendance and other spot KPIs that may be introduced based on Company's business needs
- Provide detailed reports as required by management
The CDS must:
- Demonstrate initiative working with little direction and recognize tasks that must be done to meet objectives
- Demonstrate a strong consultative sales ability and ability to close business from "warm" leads
- Be an active learner doing independent work to improve abilities and skills
- Show the ability to make sound judgement in problem-solving, pricing, negotiating etc.
- Show consistent attendance and work to get the job done. No "9-5" mentality allowed
- Exhibit respect for the confidentiality of client and company information
- Show integrity at all times
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all employees
- Embrace pay-for-performance work environment
- Operate at 212°
This position offers base plus commission based on quota & kpi attainment.
About S-2international LLC:
S-2international LLC is a single-source provider, recognized as a leader in providing quality, customized transportation solutions. We specialize in expedited ground and service-sensitive LTL & truckloads. Our experience is rooted in the time-definite shipping segment which makes our team's approach unique. Every shipment is managed as time critical, with a commitment to in-transit visibility, proactive communication and on-time performance. We have a sister-Company, S-2xpedite which provides asset-based expedited solutions.
We understand customers want more than just price and service...they want a partner who understands their business...and we make it our business to know your business. This deeper level of understanding, combined with our competitive balance of asset & non asset-based solutions, allows us to help our customers make the best shipping decisions, whether using us on a transactional basis or as a full-service TMS. We expect the best from everyone on our team whether a driver, a sales rep, our ops specialists... or anyone involved in a shipment. To deliver the best, we think outside the box and are proactive in our approach to every shipment. That is why our customers make us the first and only call for all of their ground and air shipping needs! We offer competitive pay, commission with accelerators for high-level performance, paid time off for full-time employees, group health, dental, vision, life, Short and Long-term Disability and enjoyable work environment. We also offer 401K with excellent Company match! We are rapidly growing and offer opportunities for advancement.
We are located in McDonough GA.
We are a certified Woman-Owned Company, TIA Performance certified, NASTC Best Broker, TEANA Elite Member, and SMARTWAY. We are members of NASSTRAC, GAMA, SAMA and other key associations.