Investment in the Henry County Chamber of Commerce is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. 98% of dues are deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense.
Digital Content Specialist
Job Title: Digital Content Specialist
Reports to: Visit Henry County, GA, Director of Tourism
Pay Status: Exempt
The purpose of this position is to promote and market Henry County, Georgia, as a tourism destination through digital marketing efforts including social media and content management.
Visit Henry County, GA, is Henry County’s Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB), the tourism promotion branch of the Henry County Chamber of Commerce (Chamber). The Digital Content Specialist’s primary duties will include the day-to-day digital marketing of the CVB’s tourism partners.
This position is full-time.
• Manage and enhance the social media presence for the CVB
• Maintain the CVB’s two websites, VisitHenryCountyGeorgia.com and HenryCountyWeddings.com, to ensure all listings are accurate, complete and up-to-date (Requires working with content management software)
• Maintain all relevant online listings on partner and advertising placements such as on ExploreGeorgia.org and TheKnot.com
• Work collaboratively with the Visit Henry County, GA, and Chamber team to accomplish strategic initiatives
• Manage and maintain the voice for all aspects of the CVB’s online presence, including writing, editing and proofreading website content in accordance with brand standards
• Assist in the development and implementation of CVB site promotions, email newsletters and outreach campaigns
• Communicate with web service to resolve any issues and to facilitate changes
• Review analytical reports monthly to maximize functionality of sites
• Recommend online strategies for boosting web traffic and SEO and developing new, engaging content designed to meet goals.
• Participate in marketing and advertising strategy sessions with agencies and vendors to determine the success of campaigns and discuss alternative opportunities
• Develop, write and edit blogs, as well as coordinating topics and deadlines with contracted bloggers and social influencers
• Keep current with emerging technologies through relevant blogs, listservs and events
• Work with the Director of Tourism, partners and vendors to develop, write, edit and deploy a bi-monthly e-newsletter campaign
• Develop and execute a marketing strategy and content calendar for social media
• Monitor online presence to track the success of campaigns
• Coordinate with the Director of Tourism to ensure that all marketing messages for the CVB are appropriate and correctly integrate with other campaigns
• Assist with offsite marketing and promotional events
• All other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or a related field
• Demonstrated communication and organizational skills
• Excellent writing and editing skills, including strong proof-reading abilities
• Demonstrated competence in generating creative, engaging content and designing promotions and other short-term marketing vehicles for specific social platforms
• Demonstrated knowledge of and understanding of social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.), their respective demographics and how to employ each platform for maximum effectiveness
• Experience with web and social media analytics platforms, as well as social media management systems (e.g., Hootsuite, SproutSocial, CrowdRiff)
• Strong Internet research skills
• Knowledge of social media legal guidelines
• The ability to undertake multiple projects simultaneously and deliver consistent positive results
• Have strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively within a small team setting
• Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds
• Must have a driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
• One to two (1-2) years of experience developing and managing web and/or social media content
• Experience in tourism, hospitality or Chamber of Commerce activities
• Experience with maintenance of websites using a content management system
• Experience and understanding of basic SEO strategies
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Creative Suite products or similar desktop publishing software
• Knowledge of Henry County’s tourism attractions
• Experience with photography and creating video content
• Knowledge of digital marketing best practices and the interplay between textual and visual elements
Salary is commensurate with experience, educational background and demonstrated abilities of the candidate. Benefits include paid vacation, access to group health insurance, group dental insurance, group vision insurance, Simple IRA company match, access to long-term and short-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts among other benefits. Some out-of-county or out-of-state travel may be required. Occasional nights and weekends will be required.
Interested parties should send their cover letter (including five links to social media and on-line writing samples) and resume to email@example.com.
The Henry County Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. The Chamber makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.