Investment in the Henry County Chamber of Commerce is not deductible as a charitable contribution but may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. 98% of dues are deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense.
Community Development Officer - South Metro
Job Title: Community Development Officer - South Metro
Work Schedule/Days: Variable / Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Support II
Requisition #: 63843
Creates recognition and acceptance for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta as the premier pediatric healthcare provider for a specific area. Develops relationships with school systems, local government, corporate employers, donors, volunteers, and patient families for the purpose of promoting Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta services and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or Healthcare Administration, Public Policy, or related healthcare field
- Valid Georgia driver’s license
- Must have personal transportation (automobile in good working condition) and auto insurance
- Database management experience
- 5 years of experience in community development, fundraising, marketing, or marketing communications
- Experience in healthcare or non-profit
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Knowledge of local leaders, market resources, and community events
- Must reside within and demonstrate involvement in the designated geographic community
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex responsibilities and collaborate with many multi-faceted entities and develop strategic, community-focused programs or services
- Computer proficiency
- Exceptional verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Must be a strategic thinker, team player, consensus-builder, and persuasive presenter
- Functions as the primary contact for community entities within an assigned geographic area.
- Interfaces with both community leaders and staff to increase consumer awareness and understanding of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta programs and services.
- Interfaces with legislative affairs, local chamber of commerce, and state legislators.
- Participates in targeted community-sponsored events (e.g., parades, health fairs, day care centers, schools, summer camps, churches) to increase consumer awareness, utilizing appropriate media.
- Identifies potential key donors working with Foundation partners to develop new and existing fundraising opportunities and increase a philanthropic focus towards Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta within assigned geographic areas.
- Supports key leaders in the departments of Clinical Operations, Marketing and Communications, and the Foundation as needed to identify individual and community resources and for the planning and implementation of system-defined programs and goals.
- Joins, applies for membership, or attends appropriate civic meetings in order to cultivate ongoing community relationships.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistanceBending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Standing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
WORKING CONDITIONS*No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Address: 1575 Northeast Expressway, Bldg 2, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Professional - Government/Comunity Affairs