Title: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Department: Production Engineering
Report to: Production Engineering Manager
- Analyze equipment performance and implement plans for improvement
- Report and document any equipment and/or process abnormalities
- Analyze and optimize mechanical issues to increase productivity
- Assist in the installation of new automated manufacturing and facilities equipment
- Investigate root causes and perform corrective actions
- Work in continuous improvement efforts for machine capacity utilization
- Provide engineering support and training to technicians
- Assist in the installation and maintenance of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
PREREQUISITES FOR THE JOB:
- Assumes other duties as assigned by Team Manager and Director.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline. May consider closely related practical 10+ years of experience.
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance and engineering in a manufacturing environment with lean manufacturing
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical schematics and blueprints
- Strong foundation of problem-solving skills and machine operation data analysis ability
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with TPM and QRS
- Must be able to access and inspect all areas of machinery.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaced tasks in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- High concentration for analysis of machine operation data
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Strong verbal and written communication/documentation skills
- Goal and team oriented working attitude with open mindset