Title: Maintenance Technician I
Department: Production Engineering
Report to: Maintenance Engineer and Manager
- Assist in the installation of new automated manufacturing and facilities equipment.
- Troubleshoots maintenance problems involving electrical, mechanical, and equipment repair or replacement.
- Support engineering activities as assigned by the maintenance engineers and managers.
- Work as a team member in continuous improvement efforts for machine capacity utilization.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and service on machines.
- Thoroughly cleans machines and machine parts, removing parts and replacement as necessary.
- Oils and lubricates moving parts on machines to ensure effective performance.
- Reports damaged, worn, or broken parts.
- Installs replacement parts for machines.
- Identifies the causes of unexpected breakdowns of machines.
- Repairs broken machines quickly and efficiently.
- Cleans, organizes, inventories, stocks, and otherwise maintains shop areas, parts, tools, and supplies.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE JOB:
- Assumes other duties as assigned by Team Engineer and Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Preferred certification or associates in electrical and/or mechanical program.
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing environment with preferred experience in lean manufacturing.
- Must have experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical system.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment.
- Skill in using hand and power tools.
- Familiarity with solving electrical and mechanical issues.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, and move as needed to reach, clean, and service machinery.
- Must be able to visually inspect machines.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaced tasks in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- High concentration for repair of mechanical and electric issues on machine equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Strong verbal and written communication/documentation skills
- Goal and team oriented working attitude with open mindset