EHS Specialist - Zinus USA Inc.Title: EHS Specialist
Reports to: Manager
- Respond to safety and environmental concerns from employees.
- Champion safety program initiatives to promote and enhance safe workplace and well-being of employees.
- Cultivate positive relationships with supervisors and maintain daily communication with production employees and supervisors.
- Assist EHS Manager as needed to meet legal requirements as well as departmental goals.
- Implement programs and processes as determined by management.
- Conduct injury and incident investigations and make recommendations to EHS Manager.
- Conduct safety audits on personnel, equipment, and materials as assigned by management.
- Conduct safety training sessions for employees and vendors or contractors
- Coordinate with HR Planning and the Training Specialist to track required training and provide assistance as needed to ensure training are being met and compliance requirements are met.
- Assist in the preparation of applications for and receipt of necessary permits.
- Assist in the preparation of reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department.
- Keep supervisor informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of objectives, and those which are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, and regulatory changes as related to all areas of EHS.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by Team Leader and Director.
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in environmental health and safety).
- At least 3 years of experience in the manufacturing industry and understand the specific safety issues inherent to manufacturing sites.
- Should have a broad knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards with regard to manufacturing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Intermediate skill level in Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, including great communication with employees as well as floor supervisors and team leaders.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaced projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible
- Good reasoning abilities. Sound judgement.
- Good communication skills
- Resourceful and well organized
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive—but be able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities