HR Specialist - Zinus USA Inc.Title: HR Specialist
Reports to: HR Assistant Manager
- The major areas covered are recruiting and hiring, onboarding training, employee relations, and employee services.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints and harassment allegations.
- Champion attendance policy and points tracking.
- Cultivate positive relationships with supervisors and maintain daily communication with production employees and supervisors.
- Assist the HR Assistant Manager as needed to meet legal requirements as well as departmental goals.
- Participate in the hourly recruiting process. This includes job fairs, interviews, initiating and tracking the screening process, as well as making hiring recommendations. Collaborate with supervisor and department managers to understand skills and competencies required for open positions.
- Conduct employee onboarding. This includes new hire orientation, completing the E-Verify process, as well as ensuring the employee file (electronic and paper) is updated with all new hire documents.
- Conduct employee investigations. Make recommendations to supervisor for disciplinary actions including terminations. Participate in disciplinary meetings.
- Maintain labor relations; provide advice and counseling for employees when needed.
- Implement programs as determined by management.
- Coordinate with Payroll & Benefits Specialist in matters related to employee benefits questions, as well as employee payroll questions and concerns. This includes assisting in the annual Open Enrollment meetings.
- Backup for payroll processing and benefits administration.
- Coordinate with HR Planning and the Training Specialist to track required training and provide assistance as needed to ensure training needs are being met and compliance requirements are met.
- Assist in the preparation of reports as are necessary to carry out functions of department.
- Keep supervisor informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of objectives, and those which are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, and regulatory changes as related to all areas of human resources.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by Team Leader and Director.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE JOB:
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, including great communication with employees as well as floor supervisors and team leaders.
- Should have a broad knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Should be able to deal with difficult, sensitive, and confidential matters.
- Should have strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Intermediate skill level in Excel and PowerPoint required.
- At least four (4) years of Human Resources Generalist experience required.
- 2-year or 4-year college graduation required. PHR or SHRM-CP a plus.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaced projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
- Good reasoning abilities. Sound judgment.
- Good communication skills.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive—but be able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Results and people oriented but have sound judgment—ability to balance other business considerations. Service oriented, but assertive/persuasive.