Tax Assistant Manager - Zinus USA Inc.Title: Tax Assistant Manager
Reports to: General Accounting Manager
- Review corporate tax returns prepared by tax advisors
- Assist with research and plan according to current tax impact of proposed company activities and transactions
- Implement strategies to minimize corporate tax liability in accordance with current tax laws
- Manage notices on tax audits by tax authorities
- Prepare income tax provision schedules
- Review income tax estimation and maintain the company’s tax payment record
- Review income tax return prepared by tax advisors
- Make sure that the company comply with federal, state and local tax regulations
- Identity legal tax savings and recommend ways to improve profits
- Advise management about the impact of tax liabilities and corporate strategies or new tax laws
- Keep up-to-date with tax changes and industry trends by participating in educational opportunities, participating in professional organizations, keeping up with professional networks and reading professional publications
- Maintain tax incentive schedule and follow up the submission requirements
- Perform tax research and memo writing regarding issues the company encounters
- Respond to notices from tax authorities
- Performs additional duties and special assignments as required
- Assumes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
PREREQUISITES FOR THE JOB:
- Applicant must be detail-oriented
- Should be able to deal with difficult, sensitive and confidential issues.
- Should have strong organizational, time management and prioritization abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Master’s degree in tax preferred
- Three or more years of work experience in a tax accounting environment
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaced projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Superior interpersonal abilities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
- Good reasoning abilities. Sound judgment.
- Good communication skills.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Participative management style—advocate of team concept.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive—but be able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
- Results and people oriented but have sound judgment—ability to balance other business considerations. Service oriented, but assertive/persuasive.
- Accountable to Manager/Director for all phases of activities.
- Close coordination within finance and with other department for all phases of their activities
- Advises, consults, and coordinates with:
- Top Management: tax compliance issues